Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public or Private Cloud? Nope, Go Hybrid Cloud Instead

Stephen_Spector

Joint Post with Andrea Monaci, EMEA Marketing Director, HP Helion

David Floyer and Stuart Miniman recently published a report, Strategic Comparison of Public Cloud versus Hybrid Cloud, on Wikibon Premium. The report focuses on the decision to move applications into the public cloud without taking advantage of the opportunity that a hybrid cloud strategy affords.

“Wikibon believes the biggest mistake organizations can make is converting major applications into the public cloud (including SaaS) without thinking about the implications to their existing business process workflows. Unlike web giants, most enterprise companies have a large, sprawling and integrated application portfolio. Wikibon recommends that IT develop and implement a hybrid cloud strategy (see Wikibon’s guidance on creating a hybrid cloud manifesto), using the existing workflows and compliance for both the public and private cloud components in the hybrid cloud.”

The HP Helion portfolio for enterprise IT is focused on creating a catalogue of services for the IT department. A specific service in the catalogue can spin complex at will infrastructure and application provisioning, deployed on a mix of public, private, virtual private clouds from different suppliers, and  traditional IT. And change the IT suppliers at will as business requirements change. 

We developed a joint report with CIO on how enterprises can address critical requirements by building a seamless hybrid cloud environment:

image.png

Learn more about the HP Helion portfolio of cloud solutions and services to better understand how we can make the new style of IT work for you.

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
HPE at Worldwide IT Conferences and Events -  2017
Learn about IT conferences and events  where Hewlett Packard Enterprise has a presence
Read more