cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put your Cloud into hyperdrive with hyper-convergence

Stephen_Spector

Guest Post: John Cummings, EG Marketing, HPE 

Hyperdrive.small.jpg

With all the Star Wars promo going on pretty much everywhere you look this holiday season, I couldn’t resist a science-fictiony title for this post. But you may be wondering … what’s hyper-convergence got to do with Cloud?

Quite a lot, it turns out. As you may know, Hyper-converged solutions offer tightly integrated compute, storage, networking, and management capabilities in a highly compact appliance. You can stand up a complete hyper-converged infrastructure in as little as 15 minutes. And that opens up all kinds of new possibilities for your cloud strategy. For example, if you’ve had some success with virtualization and you’re ready to push beyond that, a hyper-converged solution can give you a relatively low-cost entry point to the cloud and a straightforward way to explore the potential benefits. If you’re interested to learn more, check out these posts:

Dharmendra Muthu: Hyper-convergence and cloud: a perfect romance Cloud and hyper-convergence is a match made in IT-efficiency heaven, says Dharmendra. He offers five reasons why cloud strategists should consider hyperconvergence before embarking on “cloudifying” the entire data center.

Aaron Spurlock: Cook up your perfect Cloud recipe The right mix of public and private cloud services varies from one organization to another. Here’s an overview of an innovative on-premises hyperconverged solution that also delivers the best of public cloud.

For a more detailed look at this new HPE offering, see Whitney Garcia’s post Accelerate your path to the hybrid cloud with new HPE Hyper Converged 250 for Microsoft CPS Standard, which also includes a brief video overview from Antonio Neri, EVP and GM of HPE’s Enterprise Group, and Scott Guthrie, EVP of Microsoft’s Cloud and Enterprise Group.

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
HPE at Worldwide IT Conferences and Events -  2017
Learn about IT conferences and events  where Hewlett Packard Enterprise has a presence
Read more