cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting the Cloud to Work

Stephen_Spector

Guest Post: Deborah Martin, Solutions Marketing, HPE Helion

Putting the cloud to work
In the business and IT realm the term ‘cloud’ can mean a lot of different things to people from how this new infrastructure is built and managed, to how it is paid for and accessed.  Whether we are talking private cloud, public cloud, or hybrid cloud, one thing we all seem to have in common is some of the key ways we are all trying to use the cloud to make our business work faster, deliver to our customers quicker, and just plain compete better. 

Over the next few weeks I will be presenting a series of blogs on some of the most critical use cases we are all focused on using the cloud to accomplish.  I will be pulling together expert advice around the key considerations and capabilities needed to get each of these use case jobs done.  I’ll also be sharing some case studies from other customers who have already tackled these use cases so you can learn from some real-world experiences. And I’ll help point you to some resources that can help you in your project.  I hope that bringing these insights together will help you to accelerate building your own prioritized roadmap of the capabilities, expectations, solutions and results for your use case project in the cloud.  And perhaps you will even share some of your own advice and results back here with the community.

Here are some of the cloud use cases I will be taking a look at over the next few weeks:

• Brokering and managing multiple clouds
  • Rapid infrastructure provisioning
  • Moving traditional apps to cloud
  • Developing and deploying cloud native apps
  • Creating a hybrid infrastructure for AWS
  • Integrating cloud operations

If any of these are use cases on your project list this year, I invite you to stay tuned for some great ideas and best practices that are sure to jumpstart your efforts.

Get started on this month’s exploration around the brokering and managing multiple clouds use case, with a short “how to” introductory video highlighting some of the key business benefits and capabilities to consider in your project.

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more