Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report: What IT managers need to know about private cloud

Stephen_Spector

download.png

Yes, the future of enterprise cloud computing is hybrid, but the road to hybrid starts with private cloud. Botch your private cloud and the path to hybrid is harder, costlier, and less likely to be successful.

IT managers looking to craft a winning private cloud strategy must first understand what developers want from cloud.

Developers want three things: autonomy, agility, and productivity. Those desires are not always in harmony with what IT managers want which is cost reductions and optimization. Aligning these interests is the key to a successful private cloud strategy. When private cloud works, savings come with scalability and faster development.

And here’s the tricky part for IT managers: Unlike in traditional IT, internal customers define the terms of success of private cloud. Private clouds must offer developers the same customer experience they get from public clouds.

Forrester recently released a new report, "Top 10 Facts Every Tech Management Leader Should Know About Private Cloud" which is now available on the HP Helion site for you to download. This report outlines the top ten facts every tech management pro should know about private clouds to avoid over-investment, missed deadlines, and strategies that limit better engagement with your internal customers.

Get your private cloud right and you lay the foundation for a successful hybrid cloud strategy. Read this Forrester report and discover the top ten facts about private cloud every IT manager needs to know.

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Comments
jonathanGe

is a one year old report still valid?

Stephen_Spector

I do believe thre is value in this report as it focuses on cloud concepts that need to be considred and less on trends and latest numbers in the marketplace. While the cloud industry is changing, there is still some foundational ideas that will remain in place.

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more
What's New
Posted to:
Original author:
Posted to:
Original author:
Posted to:
Original author: