Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Windows Server on OpenStack and get full support from Microsoft and HP

Stephen_Spector

Guest Author: Juan Bettaglio, HP Helion Ready Program Manager

Customers can now benefit from running the world’s most popular operating system within an enterprise-grade distribution of OpenStack. We are excited to announce that HP Helion OpenStack has completed the validation process required for customers to receive support from Microsoft under its Windows Server Validation Program (SVVP).

HP Helion OpenStack—a commercial distribution built on OpenStack technology—provides an enterprise-grade cloud platform with the openness, flexibility, and additional IP to help customers build, manage, and consume app-centric hybrid clouds. Customers can deploy and host workloads, applications, and services in the cloud delivery model—public, private, or managed/hosted—that best fits their business. All with better economics and more agility. And now these workloads, applications and services can be Windows Server based.

The SVVP program enables vendors to validate their products so that Microsoft customers running copies of Windows Server they have acquired and licensed from Microsoft directly can receive technical support for Windows Server in virtualized environments.

The listing for HP Helion OpenStack 1.1 can be found on the Microsoft SVVP Program Site. All the documentation related to HP’s submission is here. To find a list of the Windows Servers that are supported on HP Helion OpenStack 1.1 go here.

For more information regarding the Microsoft SVVP Program, visit their website

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
  • HP Cloud
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Comments
JonathanGe

will this be updated for Helion 2.0? Microsoft SVVP only shows Helion 1.1

Stephen_Spector

JonathanGe : I am double-checking with the product teams but yes, Helion 2.0 should support this feature.

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more