Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Provider Challenges and Opportunities in the Cloud Era

HaleyC
In the Idea Economy, new market entrants are disrupting traditional enterprises with new business models and compelling customer experiences. To be competitive, transformation is necessary, and enterprises must enhance business agility, increase efficiency, and accelerate the speed of innovation.

IT consumption is rapidly evolving to help address these challenges. Organizations are now sourcing, managing, and consuming IT services across a blend of traditional, private cloud, and public cloud (hybrid infrastructure) to create the right mix of IT—where workloads are deployed and applications sourced from the most appropriate platform based on a customer’s unique requirements (e.g., performance, cost, compliance, location).

Service Providers (SPs) are facing huge challenges in their traditional business models. After investing significant sums of money in their public cloud / consume businesses, many tier 2 & 3 service providers are struggling to translate this into tangible revenue. Others are under pressure to transform their business models but to date have failed to make progress. Much of this has been driven by an inability to evolve current business practices – including delivery of ad hoc solutions, lack of appropriate sales capabilities, financial constraints, and increasing hyper scale competition.

Service Providers today however have key opportunities in the areas of Data Compliance, Big Data and IoT to build differentiated services. These opportunities are empowered by leveraging the power of the ecosystem. HPE is helping Service providers build these differentiated set of services by providing a globally consistent strategy by answering the following key questions:

• First, which scalable and repeatable platform could the Service Provider use to deliver their services?
  • Secondly, what are the services that should be delivered and which ISV vendors provide the software for these services?
  • Third, which commercial model could be leveraged for building these services?
  • Fourth, what is the joint go-to-market model to be used to sell these services?

In this video Terence Ngai and Anoop Kumar Bhat discuss challenges and opportunities Service Providers are facing, and how HPE could help you in this changing ecosystem.

About the Author

HaleyC

I manage the HPE Helion social media brand accounts promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds.I have put my toes in the ocean of cloud evangelism for the enterprise IT industry. But my expertise is in Social Media and Digital Marketing.

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more
What's New