Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Succeeding in a Multi-Cloud World with HPE Helion CloudSystem 10

OmriG

shashi_avatorsmall.png

Guest post by Shashi Mysore- Senior Director of Product Management, HPE Helion CloudSystem

CS10Blog_Chart_2.jpg

Let’s begin with some survey results that might surprise you.

Over the next two years, almost half of enterprise workloads will be deployed on on-premises IT, including private clouds. The remaining workloads will be deployed on public cloud, traditional IT, or in a hybrid model.

These recent findings from 451 Research point to the emerging reality of the multi-cloud operational model.

What’s driving this trend?

The most forward thinking IT leaders understand that the modern enterprise is built on a mix of workloads that enable business outcomes, including traditional IT, cloud-native applications, and everything in between. These leaders also recognize that their jobs now call on them to deliver IT-as-a-service.

Public cloud has spawned centralized management that has allowed for comprehensive oversight and control. Successful ITaaS stems the exodus to outside vendors and offers IT to lines of business offering compliance and security with greater efficiency at a competitive price.

In my last blog post, I went into detail about the reality of today’s enterprise IT and how HPE is positioned to help our customers transform while continuing to deliver high quality services to the business. Today, I want to focus in on what’s new in HPE Helion CloudSystem 10 and why it is the most comprehensive solution for hybrid IT.

HPE Helion CloudSystem 10 was announced in June and will soon be generally available. HPE Helion CloudSystem 10 is a comprehensive hardware and software solution for private and hybrid cloud, delivering hosting, automation, and orchestration of traditional and cloud-native workloads. Within hours, you can build a private cloud and integrate existing IaaS resources under centralized management, empowering your developers to accelerate cloud-native application development, and offering self-service resources to lines of business.

In addition to including the latest versions of HPE Helion OpenStack®, HPE Helion Stackato, HPE Cloud Service Automation, and HPE Operations Orchestration, this newest version of HPE Helion CloudSystem 10 includes:

• Enhanced networking, storage, lifecycle management, and security features through integration with the latest version of HPE Helion OpenStack 3.0.

• Ability to build apps and deploy them across multiple clouds with HPE Helion Stackato 4.0.

• Improved infrastructure and resource management experience through improved Operations Console user interface.

• Updated marketplace portal capabilities and service design through delivery of Cloud Service Automation 4.0 and Operations Orchestration 10.5.

• Faster, easier, and more flexible deployment and lifecycle management through integration with HPE Synergy and HPE OneView 3.0.

After several years of iteration and experimentation with cloud technology, enterprise IT appears to be settling on hybrid cloud strategies.

Solutions will vary greatly by industry, and even within the industries themselves. With cloud, no two solutions are alike. With HPE Helion CloudSystem 10 you can architect the ideal configuration for your needs. This is what we mean by finding your Right Mix.

See how HPE Helion CloudSystem 10–an integrated hardware, software, and services solution–can help you define, power, and optimize your Right Mix. Explore it now.

cs10_blog-banner.jpg

0 Kudos
About the Author

OmriG

As Vice President of Cloud Products and Services at Hewlett Packard Enterprise, I lead the HPE Helion portfolio, including HPE Helion OpenStack®, HPE Helion Stackato, HPE Helion CloudSystem, and HPE Helion Eucalyptus, extending across our Private Cloud and Managed Cloud routes-to-market. In prior lives I’ve been the General Manager of the Microsoft App Server business; helped start and deliver multiple versions of the .NET and Azure developer platforms; and was responsible for the SQL Server and Xbox platforms as their General Manager. I’ve also worked at three startups, one of which (NEON Systems) IPO’ed in 1999. I live with my wife and three daughters in Redmond, WA, and like rainy winter days because they mean fresh powder on the weekends. Follow me on Twitter @omrig.

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
HPE at Worldwide IT Conferences and Events -  2017
Learn about IT conferences and events  where Hewlett Packard Enterprise has a presence
Read more