Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Define Hybrid Cloud, We Must Begin with the Organization

HaleyC

Technology, by nature, is disruptive. But as more clients look to define hybrid cloud within their organizations, they realize cloud is much more than a pure technology play.

euca1.jpg

How will your organization define hybrid cloud to support its people and processes?

If you consider the objective of cloud computing – provisioning large amounts of resources for data and applications – it naturally falls into the wheelhouse of IT departments. If you look at it through a wider lens, however, you can start to see how it reaches beyond development and operations.

For example, finance departments. These folks are forecasting and budgeting machines, but the on-demand nature of cloud doesn’t always bode well for predictions. With hybrid cloud, you get the benefit of balancing public cloud with private cloud, yet the fiscal challenge remains.

Sales and marketing also feel the pressure. As organizations try to define hybrid cloud within existing cultures and practices, those in touch with customers may find, for example, their familiar lead generation protocols are less relevant. Cloud has the ability to expand the data available to CRM programs, which impacts how some businesses are attracting and nurturing buyers.

Of course, I haven’t forgotten about IT. Usually the first to advocate for hybrid cloud in the organization, they also face challenges of their own. Not only do they shoulder the burden of convincing finance, sales and marketing, and the rest of the company to invest in cloud, but they also experience a dramatic shift in their roles once cloud is introduced. Rather than focusing purely on in-house technical tasks, these folks become cloud service brokers – that is, managing hybrid cloud services to ensure developers have flexibility, the company has security, and everything is in compliance.

So what? Why does all this matter when it comes to defining hybrid cloud in your organization?

Because no organization can survive by approaching hybrid cloud as an extrinsic resource. Bringing your data and apps to the cloud means bringing the entire business to the cloud. It is a complete mind shift for the business, and it begins with your current state of IT infrastructure – the “bones” of your environment – to determine how hybrid cloud can transform the business effectively and successfully across the entire workforce.

To see how hybrid cloud can work in your organization, visit HPE.com/helion.

For an AWS-compatible hybrid cloud solution, get the HPE Helion Eucalyptus FastStart download.

• HPE Cloud
0 Kudos
About the Author

HaleyC

I manage the HPE Helion social media brand accounts promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds.I have put my toes in the ocean of cloud evangelism for the enterprise IT industry. But my expertise is in Social Media and Digital Marketing.

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more