Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top 5 Picks for London Activities from HPE Helion Partner OCSL

Stephen_Spector

Guest Post: Jane Ayres, Marketing Director, OCSL 

As 10,000 IT professionals descend on the area around London Docklands for 3 days, get set for thought leadership, insight into the future and a lot of the new green letterbox HPE logo. At OCSL we are excited to be demoing our Hybrid Cloud solutions which are based on Helion Openstack from our Stand 290 in the Transformation Zone and hope you'll drop by to see us.

But as we hear about future road maps, explore what Digital really means and discover new ways to monetise offerings for our customers, it wouldn't be Discover without some downtime too.

For those visiting London for the first time or even those who know the City, here are my top 5 picks of things not to be missed in December in London:

1. Ice Skating - we may not have Central Park, but there are lots of locations near Excel - my top 3 are Canary Wharf, Somerset House & The Tower of London. All in great locations- the best time to visit is after dark! Click here for links to tickets as you'll need to book in advance: http://www.timeout.com/london/things-to-do/ice-skating-in-london
  2. 9396879-London-England-UK-June-7-2009-No-9-London-Routemaster-red-double-decker-buses-parked-up-at-a-bus-sta-Stock-Photo.jpgUse your Oyster card to jump on a Number 9 red London bus for a trip around the London landmarks seen the latest 007 film Spectre – start at M16 Thames House on the river past the London Eye and Big Ben, it's a great (and warm) way to see the landmarks. Just don't talk to the Londoners - we don't do that! Start at Piccadilly Circus- Number 9 bus to Kensington Palace - Number 49 bus to Cromwell Road - Number 74 bus to Baker St Station - Number 453 bus to Trafalgar Square - Number 15 bus to Tower of London - Number RV1 bus to London Eye - Number 12 bus back to Piccadilly Circus – details are here: http://www.londonforfree.net/bus-tour/
  3. Top restaurants, we have so much choice from Michelin stars, to bistros - a great area to explore is Shoreditch (Circle/Central & District tube line), where buzzy new start-ups entice you in. Or try some top dining with a view at Duck & Waffle in Heron Tower of the City or right up in the Clouds - Oblix in the Shard.
  4. Christmas lights & a few drinks - begin at the top of Oxford Street near Selfridges (great bar on the top floor), turn into Regent Street where Kylie switched on the lights a few weeks ago (maybe stopping at Artesian in Portland Place) and down into Leicester Square, where choice is on every corner.
  5. Finally - shopping, yes we know London ranks up there for most expensive City to live and our shopping is not far behind, but who could resist some window shopping in Knightsbridge (1 bed flats can start in the Millions in the right area around here), Harvey Nicolls this year is draped in shiny discs which spin in the breeze and used around one million flakes of glitter, over 300,000 sequins and right next to Harrods for those who need that iconic teddy bear for the kids.

So use your Oyster card, jump on tube or bus & pay some of our great sights a visit.

Enjoy!

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
  • HPE Cloud
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more