Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webinar: Your private cloud is probably a “cloudwashed” pretender

Stephen_Spector

Webinar: Your private cloud is probably a "cloudwashed" pretender. Register now for “Top 10 Trends in Private Cloud” from HP Helion and Forrester Research.

You’ve heard the promises… build a private cloud and your enterprise sprouts a jetpack. It’s fast. It’s agile. IT productivity rises even as operating costs drop. The claims aren’t all hype—if it’s a true private cloud. But that’s a big if.

According to the results of a recent survey, the percentage of enterprises claiming they have private clouds that actually do have private clouds is shockingly low. Forrester Research found that only 9% of so-called private cloud environments have the three essential qualities of the real deal: self-service access, full automation, and monitoring of resources. Everything else is just “cloudwashing.”(1)

Register for “Top 10 Trends in Private Cloud” and learn to identify the signs of cloudwashing. Bobby Patrick, CMO of HP Cloud, and Lauren E. Nelson, senior analyst with Forrester Research, will also discuss the most time-intensive steps of IT automation and the one thing you absolutely must do to see a return on your private cloud investment. And as a bonus, you’ll get free access to Lauren E. Nelson’s Forrester report, “Top 10 Facts Every Tech Management Leader Should Know About Private Cloud,” with registration to the webinar.

(1) Top 10 Facts Every Tech Managemnet Leader Should Know About Private Cloud, Forrester Research, Inc. July 14, 2014

A question and answer session will follow the presentation; so make sure to read the report and bring your toughest private cloud questions.

Register here.

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more