Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Week in Review: ‘Boring’ workloads trumps scale, the rise of semi-autonomous cloud computing

Stephen_Spector

WeekinReview.jpg

IIn_the_news_200x200.jpgn The News

GigaOm — Bill Hilf on why boring workloads trump intergalactic scale

Talkin’ Cloud — The rise of semi-autonomous cloud computing

Benchmark Reporter — HP’s new portfolio for hyper-scale cloud data centers

Enterprise Tech — HP gains U.S. approval for software security tool

Talkin’ Cloud News — HP introduces new portfolio for service providers

Virtualization Review — Eucalyptus AWS cloud tool highlights HP Helion updates

HP Helion Video

This video provides an overview of how the HP Helion Network offers service providers such as BT, Intel & Ormuco with enhanced go to market support, cost reductions, and access to services in geographies where service providers don’t have a footprint today.

Event_updates_200x200.jpgEvent Updates

HP Helion Openstack Technical Workshops

Meetups:

cludwins.jpg

Cloud Wins

Today, we introduced HP Cloudline, Open Compute style servers designed for extreme scale, with open management tools, industry standard firmware, and non-proprietary components. It’s aligned with OCP (Open Compute Project) OpenRack and Open CloudServer. It keeps costs low by not including hot plug redundant fans, fancy rails, or even fancy labels.

Rest of Blog: A Full Stack of Open Goodness From One Company

Product_links_200x200.jpgProduct Links

Several HP Helion products are available for developers or IT professionals interested in experiencing cloud first hand to better understand the technology:

HP Helion OpenStack Community– A pure, free to download OpenStack distribution from HP

HP Helion Development Platform Preview– Cloud Foundry based PaaS built for OpenStack

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
HPE at Worldwide IT Conferences and Events -  2017
Learn about IT conferences and events  where Hewlett Packard Enterprise has a presence
Read more