Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is HP Helion? A Product, Portfolio, or Solution?

Stephen_Spector

Guest Post: Irene Cortes, Solutions Marketing, HP Helion

Helion logo.png

What is HP Helion?  I was frequently asked this question at HP Discover in Barcelona.  I was surprised that people had to ask about HP Helion, since the HP Cloud area was hopping. Apparently, some people thought it was a product, a product line – or knew it had something to do with cloud, just not sure what.   I was glad to educate people on HP Helion, and hopefully they can spread their knowledge to others.   For those who do not know, HP Helion is our brand for all things cloud – it is a portfolio of cloud products, services and solutions to support our customer’s needs in this world of hybrid IT. 

The HP Helion portfolio lets customers choose their platform of choice (private, public, managed). It enables them to achieve their desired business benefits faster (deliver new services faster,  increase innovation, be more responsive to business needs, reduce costs, etc.),  and provides the level of quality and support you expect from HP.   Even more exciting is our commitment to open source cloud technology – as a foundation for our products and services, and by holding leadership positions with the OpenStack® community and Cloud Foundry™.

Customers are unique -- and so are their needs when it comes to cloud.   Are you unsure what your strategy should be for cloud, how OpenStack technology fits into your business, or lack some needed skills to implement cloud?   We can help with our HP Helion Professional Services.     Know that private cloud is the way to go for your business?   Our HP Helion CloudSystem is for you. It was recently ranked the sole “leader”  in private cloud in the Forrester Wave™ report.  

• Do you know you want a cloud but don’t want to manage it?  This is the specialty of HP Helion Managed Cloud where we offer multi-tenant or dedicated private cloud solutions… all managed by HP.   
  • Are you interested in the benefits of OpenStack technology but concerned about support or whether the technology is enterprise ready?  Then our HP Helion OpenStack distribution is right for you. 
  • Wondering the best way to store the massive amount of data your business is generating?  Check out our HP Helion Content Depot solution.  
  • Wondering how to quickly develop highly available and scalable cloud-native applications? Our HP Helion Development Platform is the answer.
  • Looking to run big data algorithms in a high performance computing (HPC) cloud environment? Our HP Helion Self-Service HPC technology easily meets your needs.

We have a lot of information available about our HP Helion portfolio – both in this blog, on hp.com, and on the HP Helion YouTube channel.    To get you started watch this three minute video introducing the HP Helion Portfolio.

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Comments
TerenceNgai

Thanks for the clear explanation.  I have a much better understanding now.  Thanks.

Events
Jan 30-31, 2018
Expert Days - 2018
Join us online to talk directly with our HPE experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Days. P...
Read more
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more