Grounded in the Cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why 68% of AWS Enterprise Users Migrate Apps to Private Cloud

Stephen_Spector

With more than 1 million active enterprise customers, Amazon Web Services (AWS) public clouds are pervasive. While the headlines often suggest many companies are going “all-in” with public cloud, the reality is considerably different. Today’s IT leaders are defining cloud strategies that encompass both public, private and managed private clouds. In fact, a recent study by the 451 Group discovered that 68% of public cloud users are shifting some applications back to private clouds.

So why are the majority of AWS enterprise users leveraging public and private cloud resources? For one, because it is now something that can be done.

HPE Helion Eucalyptus is the only private cloud software compatible with AWS. It enables AWS customers to move public cloud workloads and data to their own private clouds without changing existing tools, processes, or application code.

Many AWS enterprise users are migrating apps to private clouds to satisfy various needs that span across compliance, technical and financial concerns that may include:

• Data governance and compliance requirements not met by AWS
  • Application performance that require specific hardware configurations
  • Greater control over balancing balance opex and capex

These customers have recognized the strategic benefits of utilizing public and on-premise resources to increase security, improve agility, and speed application performance within their organizations. It’s about taking the long view of how cloud resources fit in with the organization, how they can be used to empower processes, and how they separate those who survive from those who are left behind.

Build Your Own AWS-compatible Private Cloud

HPE Helion Eucalyptus is the only open source, private cloud software available for AWS public cloud users. You can build a private cloud on your own machine with Eucalyptus FastStart.

Senior Manager, Cloud Online Marketing
0 Kudos
About the Author

Stephen_Spector

I manage the HPE Helion social media and website teams promoting the enterprise cloud solutions at HPE for hybrid, public, and private clouds. I was previously at Dell promoting their Cloud solutions and was the open source community manager for OpenStack and Xen.org at Rackspace and Citrix Systems. While at Citrix Systems, I founded the Citrix Developer Network, developed global alliance and licensing programs, and even once added audio to the DOS ICA client with assembler. Follow me at @SpectorID

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
See posts for dates
HPE Webinars - 2017
Find out about this year's live broadcasts and on-demand webinars.
Read more