1748265 Members
3809 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: A6795A tachyon XL2/DX2 chip technical data

qexing
Occasional Visitor

A6795A tachyon XL2/DX2 chip technical data

I have a tachyon XL2 HPFC-5200 HP A6795A fibre channel HBA and a tachyon DX2 HPFC-5400 agilent HHBA-5420 HBA, and want to use it in Linux 2.6 OS.

I tried to modify the outdate "cpqfc" driver in Linux 2.6.14 kernel, but with "cpqfc" driver, A6795A HBA only works on 1Gbps, I only have an old tachyon TL/TS chip techinal data sheet, and I found some new unknown XL2/DX2 registers(like: Frame Manager Configuration 2 register...) shoule be set correctly to make tachyon XL2/DX2 chip works on 2Gbps.

So is there any tachyon XL2/DX2 chip techinal data sheets? I have been googled for sometime, and without any usefull result.

Thanks very much!!
5 REPLIES 5
qexing
Occasional Visitor

Any help?
Seems Agilent's FC chip is sold to PMC-Sierra
Jesse Dougherty
Honored Contributor

Hi, I attached a spec sheet of the A6795A cards, hope this helps.

Jesse
Cypress Technology Inc
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

It looks like PMC-Sierra is the vendor now.

I doubt the technical data sheets or with design reference, registers information would be available in the public domain.

I know few utilities like fcmsutil and tddiag on HP-UX who shows the internal registers. Not sure about such utilities available for Linux. However I do understand you would need more information than that.

If you owe the products, I would suggest to contact PMC-Sierra support directly.

https://www.pmc-sierra.com/techSupport/

Besides the new registers, the significances of the existing registers were changed in XL2/DX2.

qexing
Occasional Visitor

Jesse Dougherty, the spec sheet you provided doesn't have registers' detail, thanks all the same.

And Sameer Nirmal, I have tried to download HPFC-5200 and HPFC-5400 data sheet from PMC-Sierra website, however both these two chips are end of life and also need a NDA license, the PMC-Sierra INC. doesn't afford technical support for these two chips now.
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Well, you can find the data sheets of those chips on the web. The sheet shows chip's data control block diagram but there is no internal registers information in it.