HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1753602 Members
6381 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Bus Converters loose power. Thoughts???

j kubler
Frequent Advisor

Bus Converters loose power. Thoughts???

Looking for thoughts, we have had two system failures related to power outages on our bus converters.
The first incident was for the bottom unit in the left cabinet. The system was down hard and while examining hardware components we found that bus converter had no lights. We cycled the power switch for that individual unit and it came back to an active state, i.e. lights, fans. Then the system reboot and everything was fine.
The second incident matched the first in the system being down hard. We checked on the lower left bus converter. He then noticed the bus converter in the bottom of the right cabinet showed no lights. He also noted that the power button was still in the on position. He cycled the power and as with the first incident, the unit came back to an available state, the reboot was successful. There have been no further issues since that point. Any thoughts on what might cause the bus converters to loose power?
4 REPLIES 4
Kwan Fong, Emile
Honored Contributor

Hello Jeff,

I move this thread to the "Servers, e3000" section.

Please provide more details on the system configuration, i-e, model of e3000 servers, bus converters.
King is the customer!
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Bus converter card sounds like a T-class server or the 3000' equivalent, right?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Kwan Fong, Emile
Honored Contributor

Right, T-class on e3000 servers are series 99x. Could also be K-class 9x9KS series with Keyaki.
King is the customer!
Chuck Ciesinski
Honored Contributor

Jeff,

My initial thoughts are that A. a cable is loose and not tightened down correctly and B.
Gremlins... :-)

Chuck
"Show me the $$$$$"