108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can I get PF_CULU3840 ??

SOLVED
Go to solution
Evelyn Daroga
Regular Advisor

Can I get PF_CULU3840 ??

I have installed a new FC card (A6684A) in my D380 server, and it is unable to see the disk array (which is also several years old). I'm thinking I may need to upgrade the PDC Firmware (currently at version 38.40). I have downloaded the 42.11 patch file (PF_CULU4211.frm), but need to be able to recover back to 38.40 if I have any problems with 42.11. Does anybody know where (if?) I can find the PF_CULU3840.frm patch?
12 REPLIES 12
James George_1
Trusted Contributor

Hi

You need to do couple of things .

You have to upgrade your firmware first . also down load the driver for this product A6684A from hp site and install it.

Rgds/ james

forum is for techies .....heaven is for those who are born again !!
Evelyn Daroga
Regular Advisor

George,
Thanks for the quick reply. I have already downloaded and installed the driver (td). I have downloaded and am prepared to upgrade the firmware, but would like to be able to recover back to the old firmware in case of a problem. It's the old firmware (38.40) I'm looking for, for recovery purposes.
Evelyn Daroga
Regular Advisor

Sorry, I meant James, not George....
James George_1
Trusted Contributor

I don't hink you need the old firmware version. Here is what you can do :

take the ignite backup of your system before you do the patch upgrade for firmware. If you have any issues after the firmware upgrade, you can take your system back to the Pre upgrade state by booting from the ignite backup tape. This is the backup startegy for any patch upgrade. If its a single patch you can try swremove the patch .

rgds / James
forum is for techies .....heaven is for those who are born again !!
Evelyn Daroga
Regular Advisor

I didn't think the ignite backup (make_tape_recovery) would cover a firmware update. I guess I'm not sure where the firmware update actually occurs. I didn't think it was put onto a mounted filesystem, which is what ignite backs up, right?

I have heard the patch could be installed by swinstall for some systems, but I have not been able to identify any such patch for the D380. I was only able to find the one that must be installed from a tape.
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Evelyn Daroga
Regular Advisor

Thanks, Robert-Jan, I appreciate your input, but I already have the 4211 version. I was looking for the 3840 version.
Joshua Scott
Honored Contributor
Solution

Evelyn Daroga
Regular Advisor

YAY! Thanks, Josh. That's exactly what I needed. I looked in the archived patches area, but never considered the superseded patches area. Now I can upgrade with a much higher comfort level.