108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Can I get PF_CULU3840 ??

SOLVED
Go to solution
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Well, you might think that you can but if the 42.11 firmware upgrade fails then you are essentially the owner of a boat anchor. In any event, I have upgraded many old D-boxes to 42.11 and never had a problem nor ever had a reason to downgrade one afterwards.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Evelyn Daroga
Regular Advisor

I did the upgrade yesterday, with no problems. Thanks for the support everyone. So, Clay, even though the instructions state that if the 42.11 install fails you can go back to 38.40 by re-installing it -- you still think I would have had a boat anchor if the 42.11 failed? I think I'm glad I did the install before getting your reply. At any rate, it didn't fix my problem with the FC card not seeing the old disk array. Could just be this card is not compatible with that array, I guess.
Joe Megyes

Hello Evelyn,

I also have a couple of old D380s for which I recently bought J3515A 10/100 network cards, and they are not recognised when they are installed.  I can no longer find any place to get these patches, so I was wondering if you still had CULU4211 stashed away somewhere, and could I please ask you for a copy?

I have one last legacy application which I still have to keep in life-support mode on these old boxes, and I need to get the J3515's working so I can join a 100/1000-only network.

Here's hoping... :-)

TIA!  Joe Megyes