1753826 Members
9064 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Faults on K580

John_36

Faults on K580

Help...
I am in Italy installing a K580. I don't have a maintenance manual. Can anybody tell me what pieces of hardware are causing the problem.

FLT CBFB
FLT CBFE
FLT CBF0

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Insu Kim
Honored Contributor

Re: Faults on K580

Hello!

Chassis codes need to be specific.

FLT CBF0 means HPMC occurred
FLT CBFB indicates branching to the OS HPMC handler and finally
FLT CBFE describes HPMC interrupted a TOC.

Good luck!
Never say "no" first.
paul courry
Honored Contributor

Re: Faults on K580

From the official HP troubleshooting guide for the K-class:

FLT CBF0 HPMC handling initiate
FLT CBFB Branching to the OS HPMC handler
FLT CBFE HPMC interrupted a TOC

The document ID for the K class trouble shooting guide is:

PAM39EF55E1

The last section is a tutorial on how to access the HPMC info on the machine.

It appears that you were using a ctrl B then a TOC to reboot the machine. It is a known fact that TOC's sometimes fail for no known reason. Were you doing a dump to tape for some reason?

As you probably know a TOC retains the existing memory state at the time a reboot is initiated. This is useful for when you have a system halt and you wish to dump the memory to tape for analysis by HP. Otherwise a RS which blanks out the RAM is preferred because you then have absolutely no doubts about the initial state of the machine at start up. Yes it takes a little longer because it forces the RAM through memory test, but heh! TANSTAAFL.

If your machine fails on an RS it is more serious. Those codes should be posted if it occurs. BTW was the cover off of the processors? The rubber bumpers on the back of the cover ensure a tight fit to the backplane. I've seen several machines fail to boot simply because the back cover was not screwed in place over the CPU's.