1753481 Members
4224 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Fibre channel host port is OFFLINE, can not scan

ROSS HANSON
Regular Advisor

Fibre channel host port is OFFLINE, can not scan

I have two A6826A Fibre Channel cards in a rp7420 system. These go to a brocade switch and then to a EVA3000 storage device. We do have SecurePath A.3.0D.00F.00F also installed. The two fibre cards, I believe, are both for redunducy and assitance to get the data out.

All lights on the two A6826A cards are green and the brocade switch shows a connection. But, when I do a dmesg I receive this message many times over:

0/0/10/1/1: Fibre channel host port is OFFLINE, can not scan

1/0/2/1/1: Fibre channel host port is OFFLINE, can not scan

0/0/10/1/1: Fibre Channel Driver received Link Dead Notification.

1/0/2/1/1: Fibre Channel Driver received Link Dead Notification.

I thought this message was due to SecurePath in an Active-Passive state. But, then again I should not be receiving these types of messages.

Look at the attachment provided with several fcmsutil commands on it and let me know what you think

Thank you
Ross Hanson
2 REPLIES 2
Ron Irving
Trusted Contributor

Re: Fibre channel host port is OFFLINE, can not scan

Hi!!

Try resetting the port, (td# from ioscan -fn.)

#fmcsutil /dev/td# reset

HTH
Should have been an astronaut.
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: Fibre channel host port is OFFLINE, can not scan

The A6826A are dual port cards. I am guessing you are only using one port from each card and these errors are from the unused ports as it can be seen from the "/1" at he end of 0/0/10/1/1 and 1/0/2/1/1. The ports that you use are probably 0/0/10/1/0 and 1/0/2/1/0, with the "/0" at the end. Verify that these errors are from the unused ports by looking at the ioscan listing. Also verify each fiber interface with "fcmsutil /dev/fcd?"
The errors might be EMS probes into the unused ports. Look in the syslog if you have similar EMS messages.