5461 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP-9000 and a Raidtec Array connecting to an HP 28696A Card

Andrew J. Vega
Occasional Contributor

HP-9000 and a Raidtec Array connecting to an HP 28696A Card

Hello,

I am trying to connect an external disk array from Raidtec (FlexArray-HI12) to my HP-9000 K210 server. I am having difficulty getting the HP to see the drives on my array (they should appear as single drives). I connected the array to a PC's SCSI Card and was able to see the drives no problem.

I tried cold-booting the HP as well as many ioscan's to try and see the drives. No dice. There is nothing else connected to this HP 28696A card. I've already verified that there are no conflicting SCSI IDs and all the obvious stuff. Raidtec said the FlexArray is compatible with the 9000. Anyone have any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
Patrick Wessel
Honored Contributor

Re: HP-9000 and a Raidtec Array connecting to an HP 28696A Card

Andrew,

Does the K210 not recognize any of the disks in ioscan or are they just unclaimed? (missing disk3 driver)
When you boot the box up to ODE do you see the disk with mapper?
Can you please verify which firmware is ton the 28696A (using the information tool of STM)?
There is no good troubleshooting with bad data
Mike Seerden
Advisor

Re: HP-9000 and a Raidtec Array connecting to an HP 28696A Card

It sounds like the Raidtec does not have a Fast Wide Differential interface on it but just Fast Wide. The HP 28696A is a Fast Wide Differential SCSI card. Most PC's have just Fast Wide SCSI cards. The only PC Differential SCSI card I know of is the Adaptec 2944. Differential will not mix with Fast Wide. The main difference is that you can run up to 80 foot cables on Fast Wide Diff cards. Fast Wide only allows up to I think 12ft maybe less.