4169 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP9000 RP7410 Power Grid

pj_11
Super Advisor

HP9000 RP7410 Power Grid

Hello All,

I currently have the power set to A1&b1.
When using the power grid to configure the other 2 ports so i have all 4 power connections it does not allow me to do this.
Does this need to be done when the Server is of as my Server is running at the moment.
I have some error messages relating to BPS under voltage so i am wondering if this may the cause as i might have a bad PSU.

Thanks

PJ.
10 REPLIES 10
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

"...I have some error messages..."

Details?

MP:CM> pwrgrd

The current power configuration is: Grids A & B

Power grid configuration preference.

1. Grid A only (Cords A0,A1 required)
2. Grid B only (Cords B0,B1 required)
3. Grids A & B (Cords A0,A1,B0,B1 required)
4. Cords A0 & B0 only
5. Cords A1 & B1 only

Select Option:

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
pj_11
Super Advisor

Hi,

I have A1&B1 connected at the moment.When i use
the power grid for option 3 Grids A & B (Cords A0,A1,B0,B1 required)it does not configure this so i cannot use all four feeds.I am doing this from the MP whilst the Server is running.Do i need to take the Server down to do this is there any special power requirements to have option 3 seeing all four connections connected.

PJ.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Never tried, but maybe you cannot select option 3 with only 2 cords connected.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

pj_11
Super Advisor

Hi,

I have already 2 cords connected A1&B1.Ihave attached a further to cords to A0&BO.When i
try to configure this as option 3 so all four cord should say at connected/present it still only shows the 2 cords A1&B1 which i my current
configuration.

PJ
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Please post the output of "pwrgrd" and "ps" -> cabinet commands.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

pj_11
Super Advisor

Hi,

I am not at work now so i cannot do this Monday.I have done the PS command earlier today
and it shows that the PSU are all working and there are no ther failures.When trying to configure the other to 2 feeds so all 4 are connected it still hows as A1&B1 which is more current configuration.I did a SL it hows that there is a BKP undervoltage on one of the PSU so i am thinking could this be the cause as it may be faulty.But we i do the PS command it shows everything is fine.Does undervoltage mean the is a fault with the PSU.
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

The PWRGRD option does not control what AC lines are active. This option simply tells the system what lines you are using. The purpose of this is to provide a mechanism to alert you when one of the lines you are using fails. You should be able to set PWRGRD to any option. When you set it to a configuration that you do not have, the yellow LED's on the power supplies flash alerting you to a misconfiguration (or AC line failure).

So...check your PS, T output as suggested by Torsten. Look at the AC Line Status to be sure it is as it should be. For example:

AC Line status:
Line A0 NOT PRESENT
Line A1 Present
Line B0 NOT PRESENT
Line B1 Present

If you are seeing voltage failures, its probably due to a hardware issue, and not a configuration issue.

See what the PS output shows you.

-bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
pj_11
Super Advisor

Hi,

PS command only shows A1&B1 at present after using the pwdgrd.Can this be done while the system is running or it should be shutdown.
You said it could be a AC problem could you just clarify what could be the problem.
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Changing the power grid configuration doesn't require system shutdown. The configuration is only enabled if the required input AC lines are present and are okay.

I think the SEL error entries for BKP under-voltage would indicate where the problem is.

It maybe an AC voltage problem on the new line(s). I would check the new lines to confirm they are electrically okay as per the requirements for this server.