1753964 Members
7418 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

How to analyze HPMC Chassis codes?

Sejal Joshi
Occasional Contributor

How to analyze HPMC Chassis codes?

I am looking for web page from where I can analyze HPMC Chassis code. I have 0x20b1, 0x20b3 & 0x20b4 on K 580. What it means???

Thanks for ur help.

sejal

P.S. This thread has been moevd from System Administration to HP 9000. - Hp Forum Moderator

How to analyze HPMC Chassis codes???
3 REPLIES 3
Antoanetta Naghiu
Esteemed Contributor

Re: How to analyze HPMC Chassis codes?

I would love to know! Usually, HP Response Center is doing the analyze... HPMC codes mean that you have a hardware issue. Run adb (see man adb) for output of q4, and the crash files you might get an idea... /car/tombstones and STM (diagnostics could help...

But, as I said, it will be very nice from HP if provided docs on line about this.... I am not aware about....
Insu Kim
Honored Contributor

It's one of the HP's responsibilites to decode HPMC and I think that it's not that easy.

Chassis codes that you asked mean,
0x20b1 : Data cache tag parity error
0x20b3-4 : Data cache word parity error

The second digit to the left, "0", indicates process slot number.
Therefore, It's recommended that you replace CPU that indicated by the second digit.
--
Get the file, /var/tomstone/ts99 and open it with vi.
Processor which has those digits, 0x20bX, would be suspicious.
Never say "no" first.
KwangHee Yi
Advisor

There is no web page for non-HP user to analyze HPMC. I think you'd better to call HP responce center, because HPMC analysis is very complex.
The code start with 0x2 means cache failure on this processor board. In this case, you must replace cpu board.
I hope it will be helpful!!