108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

K360 Firmware

SOLVED
Go to solution
Robert Loureiro
Advisor

K360 Firmware

I would like to upgrade my K360 from an HPUX 11.11 32bit kernel to an HPUX 11.11 64bit kernel. I have 3rd party products (Oracle, for example) that require that I am running on an HPUX 11.11 64bit system.

I have found out that I need to be running a firmware level of a 41.33 to support the 64bit kernel. I currently have 38.29. Does anyone have a firmware update for the K360?

I have tried the firware download area on the ITRC website, but that firware is not downloadable from the site.

Thanks in advance
16 REPLIES 16
Hasan  Atasoy
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: K360 Firmware

hi ;

if you give your mail address I will send it.

Hasan
Robert Loureiro
Advisor

Please send to robert.loureiro@ca.com

Thanks!
Hasan  Atasoy
Honored Contributor

sended..

hasan
cnb
Honored Contributor

Hi Robert,

Patch Name: /firmware_patches/hp/cpu/PF_CMHK4133
Description: HP 9000 Kx60,979KS/x00 Firmware revision 41.33
Date : 01/08/15
Patch Size : 5212

You can find it here:
ftp://ftp.itrc.hp.com/firmware_patches/hp/cpu/PF_CMHK4133

Release Notes:
ftp://ftp.itrc.hp.com/firmware_patches/hp/cpu/PF_CMHK4133.txt

HTH,

Robert Loureiro
Advisor

Hasan,

In the readme.txt file, I need to copy the .frm file to tape before rebooting to gain access to the firmware. My K360 does not have a tape device. Is there another way to make the .frm file available when I perform the reboot?

Thanks in advance
cnb
Honored Contributor

Hi Robert,

IIRC, there is but you'll need to contact HP to open a call, as they may still have the firmware on proprietary CD media that the FE installs it from.

HTH,
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

In the era of k-class machines the method to use a tape drive was the only possible.
For newer systems you have ISO images, patches and others ...

Some folks of hp services created special lif files and placed them on a bootable CD in order to make the update possible via CD.

There is no public version - so you have the choice to contact HP and ask for assistance or get a tape drive ...

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Robert Loureiro
Advisor

Thanks for the advice. I have contacted my HP rep and am in the process of obtaining a CD (hopefully). Thanks for all of your support.
Robert Loureiro
Advisor

One other question: It is a requirement to be at firmware level 41.33 in order to install the 64bit kernel on my K360? I am currently running 38.29 and I ran into a NFS problems after installing the 64bit in the past and instead reinstalled the 32bit kernel. Yet, I really need to be running the 64-bit Kernel.