New Discussion юеВ

Network Card

SOLVED
Go to solution
Anthony Barkhuizen_1
Occasional Contributor

Network Card

Hi
We have a 9000 series server - K200. Presently we are using the onboard network card to connect to our organization's network. We have an aditional network card on the machine and we would like to use this as an internal subnet. The network card has a Coax and a AUI connector. So far I figured out that a jumper setting had to be set to disable the Coax port and use the AUI port. We have a AUI to UTP tranceiver on the AUI port. My problem is: There is a yellow LCD on the network card(SELF TEST FAIL or XCVR/NET FAIL) which keeps flashing. The network card seems to be functioning, I used SAM to enable the network card and to assign the TCP/IP address, all seems fine. Should the flashing LCD be a worring factor ?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Network Card

Sounds like a J2146A 802.3 HP-PB LAN card (HW path sth like 10/4/4 )

The LED should remain off once selftest is completed. If it continues blinking there may be eg a loose connection.

It will continue to blink until
-the adapter transmitted a packet succ'ful
-an external loopback test is run
-a selftest is run (probably it's enough to have lanadmin reset the card)

RGDS
Thomas
Anthony Barkhuizen_1
Occasional Contributor

Thanx
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor
Solution

If memory serves me, htere should be a switch on the Transceiver to enable/disable SQE test?
This I think should be in the enable state to fix the problem.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Anthony Barkhuizen_1
Occasional Contributor

Enabling the SQE on the tranceiver WAS the trick - Great stuff !!! Thanx