5200 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Pre Analysis script for HP 9000 Containers

Jayaprakash Subramanian
Frequent Advisor

Pre Analysis script for HP 9000 Containers

Hello All,

Pleae let me know if there is any script/procedure available to study the existing PA RISC environment to give a report on the compatibility of the applications inside the HP 9000 Containers.

It should be run on the PA-RISC server and that should report with the info like the workloads, whether it fits for the container or not, etc..

Thanks,
Jayaprakash S
2 REPLIES 2
Rajesh K Chaurasia
Valued Contributor

Re: Pre Analysis script for HP 9000 Containers

Hi Jayaprakash:

Currently there are no scanner tools or any such facility which could be run on PA-RISC servers to report suitability of workloads/applications for HP 9000 Containers.

You could find the list of workloads not suitable for HP 9000 Containers if it falls under one of following categories

- Kernel intrusive, uses kernel modules
- Manageability applications having close dependency on underlying OS/platform.

I would suggest going through HP 9000 Containers Administrator's guide http://h21007.www2.hp.com/portal/download/files/prot/files/hp9000/HP9000_Containers_Admin_Guide.pdf

Refer to chapter 6, page 26-28 for details on operations/applications not supported for deployment with HP 9000 Containers.

Regards
-Rajesh
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Pre Analysis script for HP 9000 Containers

I'm not sure why this thread was moved from HP-UX to server forum, because this is really HP-UX related, not hardware.

Consider to ask the mods to move it back to get more answers.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!