New Discussion юеВ

Re: RP4440-4 CPU query.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marc Dijkstra
Trusted Contributor

RP4440-4 CPU query.

Hey all,

Searched for this for a while with no definitive answer. Simply - how many CPU's on a 4 way (2 x 1GHz dual core chips) should both ioscan and top see?

I installed one this week and although the paperwork etc. says 4 - both top and ioscan say 2.

thx,

MND
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila"
6 REPLIES 6
Slawomir Gora
Honored Contributor

Hi,

if your server has 2 dual core chips you should see 4 cpus in top.
I think that in your configuration only one dual core is available - you see 2 cpus in top.

aliasgar
Valued Contributor

Hi Marc,

It should show u 4 CPU's in the ioscan as well as top utility as well as in BCH menu.

Thanks/Regards,
Aliasgar.
aliasgar
Marc Dijkstra
Trusted Contributor

Thanks,

The paperwork that shipped with the server - the manifest that HP attach with HW and SW setup states that it has 4, so I thus have a problem.

MND
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila"
Marc Dijkstra
Trusted Contributor

Hi all,

Just to clarify, in both of the above responses, you state that I "SHOULD" see 4 processors, I would like a definitive "WILL" if possible before I log a support call - are you running these PA8800 MAKO chips? Can you paste a top/ioscan output please?

Thanks,

MND
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi mark,

yes you should definatley see all 4 in ioscan top and STM.
Also at pdc level during boot. If you cannot see them there then they are not been picked up so there fore will not be detected/used in hpux.
you could always open the box and see if you can see 2 units, these are quite big in the rp4440's and have a fly lead that plugs into the vrm board. Check this is connected, the cpu's also are secured in a peculiar way so check them.

else call hp and log a call, sounds like theyve misconfigured your server.

Andy
Marc Dijkstra
Trusted Contributor

Thanks Andrew...

I shall take my little hammer...

MND