Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
HP 9000 and HP e3000 Servers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RP8420 Mirrored Disk

Eric Firkey
Regular Advisor

RP8420 Mirrored Disk

I would like to have 3 disks in my RP8420 and have 2 disk mirrored. What can I use to mirror the disk? Is there a raid card that can be used (hardware)? or do I use mirror disk (software)? I would like to know what my options are. Thank you.
3 REPLIES
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Re: RP8420 Mirrored Disk

The rp8420 does not have a built-in RAID card. To mirror the 3rd disk, you simply install the 4th disk and use lvextend -m to mirror the new disk.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Eric Firkey
Regular Advisor

Is there a RAID card you can add to the system to Mirror two disks? We only need two disks mirrored. The third disk is just storage.

After I install HPUX 11.11 FOE, am I able to run lvextend -m to mirror the two disks? or do I need more software?

Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

The MirrorDisk/UX software does NOT come with the 11.11 FOE software set. You have to purchase the software separately.