108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Reset Red System Light on RP4440 Server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Les Laviana
Occasional Advisor

Reset Red System Light on RP4440 Server

Hello, we have a hpux 9000 RP4440 server with a flashing red system light on the front panel. Last weekend this server went down due to an over-temp condition. It's back up and running fine and I'm trying to reset this red system light. I've used the Remote Console inteface to read the system event log however the light will not reset. I've also tried cleanly rebooting the server and that has not helped either. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Les
7 REPLIES 7
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Reset Red System Light on RP4440 Server

You should read the MP log.

This should clear the LED unless there are new events.

I remember a problem with switching off the LED fixed by firmware ...

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Les Laviana
Occasional Advisor

Thank you. This is an Integrity box - the instructions I found say to read the system event log through the ILO remote console. I have 2 other Integrity servers RX4640's that had the same problem and by reading the event log the lights did reset. I'll look at the possibility of the firmware issue.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>This is an Integrity box

What model? It isn't rp4440.
Les Laviana
Occasional Advisor

Thank you. Yes it is a RP4440 box. At lease on the front panel it shows RP4440 but it does not say Integrity. When I connect via the ILO I saw the reference for Integrity so that's what made me think it might be integrity. I have 4 other boxes 2 RP7420's that I read the system event log through the MP login and the lights went out. On the 2 RX4640 boxes Integrity I read the system event log through the Remote console connection and the lights reset so now I'm working on the RP4440 box. The help facility in the ILO on this box states that by reading the event log it should reset the light but it hasn't happened.
Kenan Erdey
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

if you don't apply the patch, you can power of the server, plug the power cord wait some minutes, and plug and power on again. light will turn off.
Computers have lots of memory but no imagination
Les Laviana
Occasional Advisor

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I left the server powered down and unplugged for 30 min then restarted it. The light changed from flashing red to flashing amber. Then I read the system event log again and the light changed to green. I'll look into appling the patch in the near future.
Les Laviana
Occasional Advisor

As per the latest reply my problem has been resolved. Thanks to all who have made suggestions.