1752463 Members
5671 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Using I/O Scan on HP 9000 Superdome

MrSuperdome
Occasional Contributor

Using I/O Scan on HP 9000 Superdome

Using the HP-UX I/O Scan command, we receive the apparent hardware configuration from Cell to CCA installed in I/O Chassis with IP settings. However, we do not understand the numbering sequence that identifies the component callout. For example, 0/0 seems to indicated Cell 0 & IOA 0. But when the sequence expands, we are uncertain where the specific I/O Bay, I/O Chassis, I/O Chassis Slot, etc. are identified in the sequence chain, for example: 0/0/0/0/0/ and so on.

5 REPLIES 5
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: Using I/O Scan on HP 9000 Superdome

Post published on the wrong HPE Community list, better to republish (or move) it here (Path is HPE Community Home -> Servers and Operating Systems -> HP 9000 -> HP 9000) or here if the main argument could be more HP-UX centric than Hardware related (Path is HPE Community Home -> Servers and Operating Systems -> Operating Systems -> HP-UX). Happy HP Superdome!

I guess this document (start from sheet 23) may be of help. Just a guess.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
MrSuperdome
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. I'll repost in your recommended area. Much appreciate your suggestion and document too?

Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

Thank you, parnassus, for the "above and beyond" reply on this thread, containing the link to more content.

warren_80x80.jpgThanks,
Warren_Admin, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community Manager
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and should not be interpreted as official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Thanks,
Warren_Admin

parnassus
Honored Contributor

It was a pleasure!

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor