Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
HP 9000 and HP e3000 Servers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Gigabyte NIC to use for HP RP2470?

Kris Seger
Occasional Visitor

What Gigabyte NIC to use for HP RP2470?

I need a gigabyte nic for an HPUX rp2470 but I can't find a suggestion anywhere. Does anyone have a recommendation for this?
3 REPLIES
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Re: What Gigabyte NIC to use for HP RP2470?

According to PartSurfer ( http://partsurfer.hp.com ):

A4926A
LAN adapter - 1000Base-SX PCI Gigabit Ethernet LAN adapter - Supports all PCI bus configurations

A4929A
LAN adapter - 1000Base-T PCI Gigabit Ethernet LAN adapter - Supports all PCI bus configurations

Pete

Pete
Kris Seger
Occasional Visitor

Sweet! Thanks Pete, I've been looking for this answer for over an hour!

Kris
rick jones
Honored Contributor

Don't forget that in broad handwaving terms, the host overhead to send a packet over GbE is the same as it is for 100BT or 10BT. So, don't expect a 10X increase in over the network performance, unless, _perhaps_ you are at only 10% CPU utilization presently :)
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows