Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
HP 9000 and HP e3000 Servers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hardware compatability

SOLVED
Go to solution
seiryu12
Occasional Visitor

hardware compatability

Hello Everyone,

First off I apologize for what is probably a very noobie question. I am very unfamiliar with non x86 hardware.

Anyway, I have two servers, a PA-RISC based RP4440 and an ia64 based RX2660. The RP4440 has a SCSI PCI card it in that I would like to use for the RX2660, but I'm unsure if the hardware is compatible or not. Normally I would just take the machine apart and take a look but that's unfortunately not an option in this scenario. I've tried googling a bit, but I haven't been able to find a good answer.

So, does anyone here know if these two hardware platforms have compatible expansion slots?

Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES
cnb
Honored Contributor
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: hardware compatability

Which specific SCSI PCI card is it? Posting the model number or part number will help immensely.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Use ioscan to get the mpt device, then use

# mptutil /dev/mpt_

to get the card model (VPD section).

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
seiryu12
Occasional Visitor

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your responses. We ended up not needing to do the controller switch, but I appreciate the info you all provided! I'll definitely post more specific information should I run into another problem and I will comb over those documents.