5861 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

hp 9000 3410 system led

Phillip Popp
Regular Advisor

hp 9000 3410 system led

Hi

Occasionally the system LED is flashing yellow. I went in to the MP and looked at the System Log. It looks like there is 4000 entries for the Forward Progress, 100% full. Not sure what they all mean other then I know they are level 0 and level l alerts. I am assuming that is ok but I would like to know what is happening and if I am in any danger of a critical issue. I included some entries of the log. They seem to repeat. Maybe you guys can decipher what it means. Some are major progress and some are minor progress. Also any one know how to dump the whole log to a file or where the log resides so I can look at the whole thing in an editor. D option just dumps to the screen.

Now the System LED is not flashing, was it due to the fact that I checked the logs?

Thanks for the help

Phil
2 REPLIES 2
Bulent ILIMAN
Trusted Contributor

Re: hp 9000 3410 system led

dont care the FPL, it is a FIFO list and oldest log drops to leave space for the newest one,

you need to check SL and see if there is level 3 or higher logs, Led turns off when you check logs, if there is one you can post them here

you must capture the screen output to a file and use "D" to see all the logs in an editor

Phillip Popp
Regular Advisor

Re: hp 9000 3410 system led

I looked and this is the only level 3 alert. It was from the day I first turned on the system. It looks like it just did not find a second power supply it thought should be there. so I guess I am ok. I cleared out the log files to start over as I believe FP was full and disabled as that was also an alert message.

Think I am ok now.

thanks,

Phil