HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1752448 Members
5845 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: i need to install in k260 hard disk of 36 gb

CA853938

i need to install in k260 hard disk of 36 gb

i need to install in k260 hard disk of 36 gb, this is a seagate model st336706lw lvd/se, that alternative i must to install this disc.

what scsi interface can i install to this disc work
Everything has solution in the world, except the death
2 REPLIES 2
CA845876
Valued Contributor

The K260 does not sound like a PC server. This is probably one of the higher-end hp-ux type products. If so, it might have a HVD SCSI interface, something almost never seen in PC servers.

The most painless thing to do would be to try to buy a HVD drive from HP that is the right type for your system.

I don't know if your SCSI controller is hvd only, or hvd/se. If the controller will support single-ended operation, then you can probably set a jumper on the drive to force it to single-ended mode. However, there will be a penalty to the transfer rate of the drive, and every other drive on the same bus will be forced to SE, also.

Another remote possibility is that your server will support some kind of plug-in LVD controller. Perhaps you can browse around the hp website to see if this is so. I don't know about non-PC servers, myself.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Carlos,
this disk is not supported with K260. This server has internal HVD controller for internal FWD disks, and connector on the Core I/O FWD type too. So only way to connect this drive to K260 is to use add-on SE SCSI HBA and set disk up in SE mode.
BTW, did you think to change your server to, for example, L1000 (at least)? Better to buy new server for this disk than this disk for K-server :-)
Eugeny