Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
HP 9000 and HP e3000 Servers
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rp5470 Attention light flashing

tom lesniewski
Occasional Contributor

rp5470 Attention light flashing

I have an rp5470. I noticed that the attention light is flashing amber. How can I determine what is causing this. I understand it indicateds a non-catastrophic hardware failure.
6 REPLIES
Keith Bryson
Honored Contributor

Re: rp5470 Attention light flashing

Hi Tom

-Go to the console.
-If you have a login prompt (Unix login) hit Ctrl-B to go to the MP/GSP. If you have a GSP login, hit enter twice. If you have a MP login, type the login and password.
-Type sl at the MP/GSP prompt (show logs).
-Then hit letter e to see the error logs.
-Then hit n for no filters.

The light will go out. Check through each log entry (recent date entries) - this probably just signifies that you have re-booted/powered off/on. Something else could be wrong though, so read carefully!!

Keith
Arse-cover at all costs
Peter Godron
Honored Contributor

Tom,
additionally to get back to the console issue the co command. ;-)
Regards
tom lesniewski
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. That is exactly what I needed.
Jesse Sheppard
Occasional Visitor

That reply sounds pretty textbook and may work for 11.00 but I'm running B.11.11 U 9000/800 (tc)and when I hit cntl+b or type it in literally at the login prompt nothing happens except the system asking for a password.
Jesse Sheppard
Occasional Visitor

Hi nevermind my comment from yesterday those instruction work great I just didn't realize I had to ssh into the console, telnet did not work. Thanks, Jesse
mmarcinkevicz
Occasional Visitor

thanks very much.  worked great.