New Discussion юеВ

rp7410 and EMS

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

rp7410 and EMS

Hi Guys,

I have rp7410 single server with two EVAs and SAN with HP-UX 11i installed.
I receive mails ( not frequent ) on root account about EMS event notifications saying AC_Undervoltage has occured. But the server didn't shutdown. Does anyone about the threshold values of input AC voltage for Ac_Undervoltage and AC_Overvoltage?

Server specification says 200-240V AC as operating voltage. Where do i find these values as well as threshold values of temprature , humidity?

Is there any EMS monitor available on hp-ux11i for EVA 5000 storage? I want to catch EVA events as well to root mail account.

How do I configure SNMP based traps for my whole setup which will send these events notofication on a separate machine?

Waiting for your replies......

Thanks & Regards,
Sam
4 REPLIES 4
Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor

Re: rp7410 and EMS

Hi Sam,

the rp7410 has two independent power inputs and maybe you had an AC undervoltage only on one of the redundant power cords ?
Could you attach the original error message ? You can check the power status on the MP CM> prompt with the PS (then T for cabinet) command. You should also find related messages in the Error Log (MP> sl) of the MP.

You find the server specification on docs.hp.com in the user manual in Appendix B:

http://docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/2461/A6752-96008.pdf

There is no EMS monitor available fo the EVA (EVA is monitored by SAN Appliance workstation).

Best regards

Stefan
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes the server has two power inputs from two different UPS power source.
I am attaching herewith the MP log for the event for your refernce . Pls comment.
I checked up the MP SL log as well. It shows all units ok in PS .

I have referred the server specfication which show operating voltages range as 200-240V and min as 180V
and max 286V AC .

I think SNMP traps are availbale in SMA III.
How do I interpret them and configured to send nootification to root mail-box.
Actually, it is risky to keep the SMA available on network, hence i am looking for alternative to its event notification.
Pls advise ..
Thanks,
Sam

Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor
Solution

The errors came from A0 and B0 power cords.
A0 and A1 are two independent chords that supply Power Supply A and B0 and B1 are for Power Supply B.
Is it possible that the 0 chords are connected to the same phase ? Mayby you should measure if the input power is stable. Because both power supplies have reported the error it is not very probable that this is a power supply problem.

best regards

Stefan
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Closing. See above.