1748121 Members
3395 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

serial number search - Core I/O for RP8400

Jesse Dougherty
Honored Contributor

serial number search - Core I/O for RP8400

does anyone know of a way to identify an HP product through the serial number and not the model or part number? Does HP offer such a service for their 9000 server parts? I have a serial number of a core I/O board for a RP8400
that I want to find out if its a A7109A Reiner core I/O or the older A6096A. I don't have the means of obtaining the part number on the I/O board, just the serial number.

Any help would be appreciated

Jesse
5 REPLIES 5
Shaikh Imran
Honored Contributor

Re: serial number search - Core I/O for RP8400

Hi,
Have you tried getting the product/model number from the stm..

I don't think you can get the serial number -wise search but if you have model/product numbers you can search for other details
from,

http://part-surfer.hp.com

Just try to get deeper in this there you may be able to find the model & product numbers if you only know the deives such as DIMM,Boards,PCI, etc.., and you know the class rp8400..
Try this also:
http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/main?sel_flg=modinfo&model=RP8400

Regards,

I'll sleep when i am dead.
Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor

Hm, if you're lucky, the serial number apears in a contract. Asked your vendor or HP contract representative if the serial number is stored.
If you have access to the system, then the "df" output from the MP CM> menu will show you the part number.
The "sysrev" command shows firmware version >5 for the new MPs.
If you can take a look on the Core I/O from the back, the new Reiner Core I/O has two more LEDs than the old near the console connector (MP_SEL and MP_FAULT).

I hope this helps

Stefan
Jesse Dougherty
Honored Contributor

Hi guys, thanks for the feed back but like I mentioned, I don't have access to the I/O board or the system to check the
part number. I bought it from another vendor and it was received here and verified by our tech as a A6096A, the other vendor is insisting that it was a A7109A, I just wanted to see if I could cross reference that serial number through HP to see what it equals as proof as to what boards it is.
tr0n

Yeah... a serial number search feature would be fantastic right about now. I just inherited a massive inventory project and I have tons of HP printers with some missing information or questionable information in their UI's. Wish I could just copy/paste on HP.com and press the easy button...
Ron Irving
Trusted Contributor

Hey Jesse!!

From the management processor,

MP>cm
MP:CM>df

choose specific, and g for core i/o. You will be prompted to enter gsp number, (0 or 1.) That will give you the serial number of the device you're asking about.

HTH

ron
Should have been an astronaut.