108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

superdome sx1000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

superdome sx1000

I have a superdome sx1000 and it used to be full of cell boards. I only have 2 cell boards in it now. How can I delete the other cell boards it still shows in vfp when I go there? I want it only to show 2 cells there. I want to use cell 0 as partiton 0 and I want to use cell 1 as partition 1. can I do this with 2 cell boards or do I need more?

Thanks
Jon
3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: superdome sx1000

If I understand your question right you should use "parmgr" to configure the nPars or even stat with a genesis partition.

http://docs.hp.com/en/B2355-90692/parmgr.1M.html

http://docs.hp.com/en/5991-1247B/ch06s03.html

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Phil uk
Honored Contributor

Hi Jon,

Goodness, you are busy 8-)

I suspect that the original Partition(s) which had the other 6 cells were NOT removed properly with paremove/parmodify - whatever the config circumstances may have been.
I suspect they were just "yanked" out the machine and hence the complex profile "thinks" it has another 6 cells that exist somewhere.

So, as Torten says, you're probably best to CC (Genesis) the machine and then add a second partition with the 2nd Cell.

If you're using HPUX on the 1st npar, you can parcreate, or .....wait for it, you could use a laptop and...i think you know the rest from your previous post 8-))

Good Luck

Cheers,
Phil
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

Thanks for your help. Once I got the cell o attached to the core i/o I was then able to do the cc and recreate my partition.

Thanks
Jon