1751791 Members
4888 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CAN'T BOOT RP7420

HP RX4640
Frequent Advisor

CAN'T BOOT RP7420

I have my rp7420 up and running and can not boot HP-UX 11i...

I do a search " sea" and my DVD and drives do not come up I have never run into this issue they servers have always seen the drives installed I never had to mount them..

Do I need to mount these drives somehow and if so how?
4 REPLIES 4
TYP3R
Frequent Advisor

Hi Jim

If you can not see your DVD and disk when you do a "sea" then it will be either the PCI power supply that is faulty. Check if you can open the DVD-rom or check the PCI power supply which is located on the front just below the disk and DVD-rom. Check if it's faulty by the LED. If all thats is ok then you will need to have a lookl at the core I/O located at the back

William
HP RX4640
Frequent Advisor

One of the PCI power supplys is lit up one isn't the DVD does open and close there appears to pwer to both the DVD and drives they light up on startup.
HP RX4640
Frequent Advisor

I replaced the PCI power supply and still having the same issues. I believe it does now see the disks but not the DVD I checked all connections and everthing seems to be fine ... Not sure where to go from here????????
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Hi

If you are running 'sea all' from the bch and nothing comes back then you either have a bad scsi controller or disk. Are the boot disk lights steady on? If so then unplug / remove and replug / plug back in.

Even if this unplugging works, it will probably be for a short time and its time for a replacement boot disk.

If so, find your ignite restore tapes or network restore archives. Do you ignite? If so, tape or network?
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law