Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
HP 9000
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk Performance in one direction

Dave Chamberlin
Trusted Contributor

Disk Performance in one direction

Greetings. I fell like I won the lottery - as I spent the past hour looking for a way to add a post into this forum. Due to some random act of navigation I actually got a button to add a post!!

Anyway I have an rp7420 which has been for some time connected via fiber channel to an EVA4400. There are no problems with the 4400 performance wise - just spacewise. I am migrating the storage on this and several other servers to an EVA6000. The first 5 servers have no problems on the new storage. The last one has severe performance issues with reads. I can copy a file (using cp) from a disk mounted from the 4400 to a disk mounted from the 6000. The copy takes 4 seconds for a 350M file.  A copy from the 6000 disk back to a 4400 disk of the same size file takes forever - at least after 3 minutes - it is up to 12M, so it will take about 90 minutes. This server has no issues on it's 4400 storage. More perplexing, I have a identical server with same QPK patch, etc which has no problems. Any ideas? I am thinking the FC cards - both are 4G cards. Any help appreciated. thanks

1 REPLY
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Disk Performance in one direction

> I spent the past hour looking for a way to add a post into this forum.

Have you looked at the FAQ under the Quick Links menu?

http://community.hpe.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/posting#posting