New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP PB FWD SCSI-2 Card

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sanjiv Sharma_1
Honored Contributor

HP PB FWD SCSI-2 Card

Dear Friends,
I am facing a problem with DLT8000 connected with a KClass Server with HP PB FWD SCSI-2 Card part no.28696A. If gives "tar:cannot open /dev/rmt/1m" with tar command.
But it is showing the device as claimed in ioscan.
As per the patch database it has been adviced to upgrade the FW by using the patch PF_ISFW3944 . What is the procedure to find the current FW version? Also What will be the FW version after installing this patch.

Thanks in advance.
Everything is possible
5 REPLIES 5
Patrick Wessel
Honored Contributor
Solution

A DLT8000 is not supported on a 28696A. You need an HSC bus SCSI card for this device.
There is no good troubleshooting with bad data

Hello,
you may retrieve this patch via anonymous ftp(1) from ftp://ftp.itrc.hp.com/firmware_patches/hp/io_cards/PF_ISFW3944
using your browser's "Save Link As" (Netscape) or "Save Target As" (MSIE) operation.
I attached the installion guide.
After download the firmware to the controller the firmware version will be 39.44.
Hope this helps, Udo
Sanjiv Sharma_1
Honored Contributor

Dear Patrick,
Can you tell me from where I can get the confirmed details that DLT8000 is not supported on 28696A Card?
Regards,
Everything is possible
Patrick Wessel
Honored Contributor

Sanjiv,
The information is from the "HP 9000 Enterprise Servers Configuration Guide" May 2000 page 4-240
There is no good troubleshooting with bad data
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

Hi Sanjiv,

I can tell you that the DLT8000 will run off a HSC or PCI - but WILL NOT communicate with the HP-PB FW scsi. I hit the same issue on a T500 where they got a DLT8000 to install on it. Now what you can do is get a different card than a HP-PB,
will an HSC fit into your K box (...I think it will).

Regards,