1748019 Members
4342 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP9000 Ordering and Configuration Guides

Marcus France
Advisor

HP9000 Ordering and Configuration Guides

After searching hard and reading previous threads, it seems HP do not make available old versions of the ordering/config guides - even though I'm an authorised reseller and have access to Smart Portal.

I have hard copies of all guides pre 2002 and electronic pdf versions from 2006 onwards (which I can send to anybody should they need them).

Does anybody have pdf versions of guides between 2002-2006 inclusive. Surely there is someone out there that is more organised than me?

Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

Marcus,

You should niether offer the ones you have or request new ones through the forums, as they are HP restricted documents, and shouldn't be freely distributed. I know you say you work for a reseller (and the fact you've heard about Smart Portal kind of proves that), but we can't check for that through forum IDs. You should talk to your partner business maanger at HP to help you get these docs. If he/she can't locate them, have them contact me - I think I have "most" of what you are looking for (although not all).

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

the trouble was back in 2001/2 hp moved to the connect books for specs and pricing.

they didnt have much in the way of config guides like we used to get.

most of it was done online with the configurator tools and quick specs

sorry its not much help

Andy

Andrew...

We never stopped producing the Order and Config Guides for HP9000 (and later HP Integrity) - athough we did stop printing them (and hence the term "purple book" fell out of use). The latest order and config guides are still available for partners and resellers through the partner web sites (in the UK that's Smart Portal) - but Marcus was after archive versions which aren't available.

The Order and Config guides are not for Customers though - they are for HP and partners only.

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Marcus France
Advisor

Thanks Duncan. I will pursue it through my account manager and see how I get on.

As you say, new ordering and config guides are available all the time through Smart Portal for authroised resellers.