HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1753797 Members
6965 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPUX v3 installer sees no disks

HPUX v3 installer sees no disks

I have a superdome pa-risc with 4 scsi attached disks (2 disks are a mirrored pair containing the original v1 install).
I am trying to do a cold install of HPUX v3 (Feb 08) onto it.
It currently runs and boots HPUX v1.
We have restarted the server and interrupted the boot process, when I do a SEARCH it returns my primary boot disk and 4 "fibre channel protocol", when I do a SEARCH ALL it displays 6 separate bootable devices, 4 scsi disks, the DVD-ROM and a DAT.

When we then boot from the DVD the installer cannot see any disks at all, yet when we cancel the install we can boot from the primary boot device.

Anyone seen this kind of behavior before?

Regards
Matt
3 REPLIES 3
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

what i know the best idea if somebody install the HP-UX 11.31 should use the latest version of HP-UX, what abbout the firmware on the server scsi controllers and disks ???

mikap

PS : there is some pre-requisities to install HP-UX 11.31
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

what exactly is the superdaome? which server makes it up.

Also are the 2 disks LVM mirrored or mirrored with a raid controler?

I assume that they are not attached to raid card as it picks them up at a search command.

So are they externally attached? rather than in the front of the server for example? possibly attached via a fibre card?

I have seen similar things where they are seen then not seen and then seen again, and this is usually down to termination od the scsi bus

post back abit more info for us think about

Andy