HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1748124 Members
3234 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How could I know the firmware version of new cellboard that need to be add in running system.

Mamun_1
Occasional Contributor

How could I know the firmware version of new cellboard that need to be add in running system.

Hi guys,
seeking help from u expert guys. I got a new cell board to upgrade in rp7420 .
I want to know the firmware version of the cell before powering on the new cell. cause I need to make a firmware upgrade plan according to existing cell.

Any idea , how can I get this???
CSA
5 REPLIES 5
saravanan08
Valued Contributor

Re: How could I know the firmware version of new cellboard that need to be add in running system.

i dont know how to find the firmware version before connecting the cell board

but after connecting the cell board to the server

u can login to the MP console and find the firmware version for ur cell board using

sysrev command in command prompt
for example

MP:cm> sysrev

from the mp console itself we can update the firmware version using

fw in mp prompt

example
MP:>fw

commands may differ for consoles so use help command

MP:>he

i hope it helps
Johnson Punniyalingam
Honored Contributor

Hi ,

The firmware update does contain firmware images for the cell boards (as well as MP). The update process is not as straightforward as previous systems so be sure to go through the instructions before attempting. In short, the patch is downloaded and un-tarred to a machine that is ftp accessible to the rp7420's Core IO/MP lan. You then update a section of the server at a time. When you download the firmware image you get a fairly detailed instruction manual that explains the process.

Of course, if you have a hardware contract, you can request that the hardware provider to the work. Just note that this does require the OS be down and can take a good hour if you have to update all components.

Thanks,
Johnson
Problems are common to all, but attitude makes the difference
Mamun_1
Occasional Contributor

Hi
During firmware up gradation of cell, Where I will put the firmware files from where I will run the upgrade.

What would be the detail procedure.

What would be the rollback plan for firmware upgrade.
CSA
Johnson Punniyalingam
Honored Contributor

>>What would be the detail procedure>>

Hi ,

Once you have downloaded the firmware, you need to look for Installation Instruction & Special Install Instruction,

Thanks,
Johnson
Problems are common to all, but attitude makes the difference
Mamun_1
Occasional Contributor

ok.
CSA