HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1751894 Members
5191 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to factory reset a HP 9000/800/L3000-5x Server.

Alex GP

How to factory reset a HP 9000/800/L3000-5x Server.

I being struggling to boot my 9000/800/L3000-5x server with no luck, the system keeps showing the following error message on the warnings (see attached file, now that the host is not booting up neither from any of the two HDD or the CDROM here comes the question: can I just do a Factory Reset so the server could get the encoded field again? if so, is there any procedure to perform the Factory Reset for this kind of servers?

5 REPLIES 5
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

Could you post the attachment ..
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

You cannot "factory reset" the installed OS once modified.

Please capture the output while booting and attach.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Alex GP

Here is the error message that I'm getting while booting up the server.
Alex GP

Rita.

Here is the attachment:

Event 6

.Seveity: CITICAL
.Event Class. System
.Event Summary: HPMC detected
.Problem Description: The First encoded field of this chassis log was not found in the internal chassis code table. Therefore, no description text is available for this chassis log. Please check htpp://docs.hp.com/hpux/content/hardware/ems/dm_chasis.htm to search by the chassis code.
.Probable Cause / Recommended Action: the fist encoded field(0xNNNNNN7NNNNNNNNN) of chassis log was not found in the internal chassis code table. this chassis code may have been added since the monitor was last changed. Possible ways to decode this chassis code:
1. Load a more current version of the OnlineDiag software depot (Support Tools). Installing this depot automatically installs the EMS hardware monitors (if you have modified the default settings, aditional configuration may be required). Almost all chassis codes for a computer system should be supported in the dm_chassis monitor in the first diagnostic release that appears after the computer systems has been released. The EML monitor release notes for the diagnostic release may have more information.
2. Contact HP support. They may have access to a more set of chassis codes, for example, trough a chassis code decoder program.
Note: N means a Digit 0 to 9.
cnb
Honored Contributor

Could be corrupted disks or could be anything at this point. I would pull out (disengage them about an inch) the HDD and then power reset the system. Then try to boot a known good CD like the ODE diagnostic CD.

You'll need to dump out the GSP chassis code error log and save the events from today into a text file and post the file:

GSP> sl

SL

Select Chassis Code Buffer to be displayed:
Incoming, Activity, Error, Current boot or Last boot? (I/A/E/C/L) e
e

Set up filter options on this buffer? (Y/[N]) n
n

etc...

Rgds,