1748185 Members
4013 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Interpreting I/O Scan Results on HP 9000 Superdome

MrSuperdome
Occasional Contributor

Interpreting I/O Scan Results on HP 9000 Superdome

I need to understand how to interpret results using the ioscan function. The HP document, Configuring HP-UX for Peripherals, was helpful, but doesn't seem to answer how to read the ioscan H/W Path results properly.

Using the HP-UX I/O Scan command, we receive the apparent hardware configuration from Cell to CCA installed in I/O Chassis with IP settings. However, we do not understand the numbering sequence that identifies the component callout. For example, 0/0 seems to indicated Cell 0 & IOA 0. But when the sequence expands, we are uncertain where the specific I/O Bay, I/O Chassis, I/O Chassis Slot, etc. are identified in the sequence chain, for example: 0/0/0/0/0/ and so on. Does this mean cell/ioa/bay/iochassis/slot?

Basically, we are using ioscan with its default options, no options used such as -f or -F.

Superdome configuration only consists of one cabinet, eight cells, four I/O chassis, no expansion chassis. Within the four I/O Chassis, they are only partiall populated, i.e. not all I/O chassis slots 0-11 are occupied.

2 REPLIES 2
Holger G
HPE Pro

Re: Interpreting I/O Scan Results on HP 9000 Superdome

The HW path in ioscan for HP 9000 Superdome shows cell/sba/lba/device/function/target.

You need the help of other commands to see which IO Chassis is connected to which cell and which LBA relates to which IO slot:

# parstatus

# rad -q

- I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise -
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Re: Interpreting I/O Scan Results on HP 9000 Superdome

Here is a nice chart that should help as well.sd-iopathing.jpg

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!