New Discussion юеВ

Re: K250 power cable/power supply

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mark Ellzey
Valued Contributor

K250 power cable/power supply

System: K250, 512MB, 2 processor.

This system is currently in a 2 meter cabinet, with a 240V 3-prong power cord. According to the back panel on the SPU power supply, it's 'autoranging input'. Does this mean the power supply will automatically adapt to the input voltage?

I want to remove the SPU from the cabinet and rack-mount it in our server room, supplying it with 120V power thru a UPS. Will this work?

If this will work, then I need a different power cable to plug into the UPS. The current cable, where the female end attaches to the SPS power supply, has the configuration shown in the attachment. Can anyone tell me what the HP part number for the cable would be, so that I may order one?

Thanks,
Mark
11 REPLIES 11
Robert Thorneycroft
Valued Contributor

This really is the kind of question you should be putting to your VAR as they should be able to tell ou exactly what to do.

At the end of the day I would not trust an answer from this forum on a subject that is likely to blow up your machine if wrong!

Kind regards,

Robert Thorneycroft
Patrick Wessel
Honored Contributor

Mark,
You are right, the power supply detects the input voltage and works in the range of 90V ??? 143V and 180V ??? 269V

I???m not sure about the cable, because I did not understand which type of connector is on the UPS. Is it the C20 you draw in the attachment?
There is no good troubleshooting with bad data
Mark Ellzey
Valued Contributor

Patrick,

The illustration is the end of the cable that plugs into the SPU power supply on the back of the K250. The other end currently plugs into the cabinet's power strip that runs up the rear inside of the cabinet. I need a cable that has one end to fit the SPU poser supply, with the other end being a standard 3-prong 120V plug.

Thanks,
Mark
Mark Ellzey
Valued Contributor

Also, there is a label attached to the cable, don't know if it's a part number but it is 8120-6961.

Mark
David Bell_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Mark Ellzey
Valued Contributor

David,

That's just the ticket! Thanks!

Mark
Tony Bacon
Frequent Advisor

We have a large stock of these for $20. Let me know if that saves you any money.

Regards,

Tony Bacon
tbacon@nasi.com
800-927-7474 ext.6511
Dave Unverhau_1
Honored Contributor

Mark,

You may have noticed this already, but be aware that the source end of the cable you want (per the info that David Bell provided - E7802A) is the high-current 120V type (one prong is rotated 90 degrees - NEMA 5-20P). Most internal rack power distribution units (PDUs) have the 15A type of receptacles - NEMA 5-15R. Your UPS probably has 5-20R receptacles on it, so you will probably need to plug this cordset directly into a UPS receptacle, rather than into the power strip.

Best Regards,

Dave
Romans 8:28
Mark Ellzey
Valued Contributor

Dave,

That's the idea... Get the box out of the cabinet and into one of our existing racks, using a standard UPS.

Thanks,
Mark