1752573 Members
4420 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RP 4440 could not locate the hard disk

Renz Malabanan
Frequent Advisor

RP 4440 could not locate the hard disk

We have a RP 4440 and it has a problem from booting up because it could not locate both hard disk..I try to change the hard disk but still the same..what would be the probable cause??

Pls help..ty
3 REPLIES 3
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

Re: RP 4440 could not locate the hard disk

hi,

where can it not locate the hard drives? at PDC with the search command?

it depends upon how they are connected internally? is there a smart array card installed by any chance? The disks backplane could be connected to this? or they could not even be connected up at the system board/backplane end. Have you opened the server to check the cabling.

when the server is on do you gear them spin up at all or do the led's flash on the drives?

if you do have a smart srray card and the disks are connected to this then the disks wont be visable at the BCH level.

Also are they proper HP disks? with a HP part number? just incase someone has used third party disks that have some other jumpers on them.

Andy
Renz Malabanan
Frequent Advisor

where can it not locate the hard drives? at PDC with the search command?

I first try to boot the system then the primary and the alternate path for booting failed..so i check in at PDC and us sea command and could not locate the 2 hard disk.. could you think it's the controller?

Its is running normally then suddenly it happened..

When the server is on do you gear them spin up at all or do the led's flash on the drives?

yes it gear up,the led also flash and suddenly turn of,the hard disk has 2 led,upper and lower only the upper is on.
S_Logan
HPE Pro

Hi Renz,

Is there any External devices connected to the system recently?

If yes, Please remove those external devices and try to boot the system.

HTH
Surendar
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]