Re: Super dome MP Port

SOLVED
Go to solution
CowBoy
Regular Advisor

Super dome MP Port

Dear All
I gave Ip to the MP lan and Private Lan of my
super dome and both the network cables are OK physically but the problem is that still ican not ping nor MP lan neather Private lan...???????????????
8 REPLIES 8
sujit kumar singh
Honored Contributor

hi

did u restrat the MP using MP>CM>XD-- R?

make sure that u have properly given the submet mask . Try using a cross cable to connect dirctly to the ports of the Super Dome by properly seeting the Laptop IP in the same Subnet mask and a similar Class IP address.

Regards
Sujit
CowBoy
Regular Advisor

I exactly did the same things the you are saying.
using laptop with cross cable and restarting mp with xd ...R!!!
but the problem still exist.
i am getting madddd
It must be easier than this...
sujit kumar singh
Honored Contributor

is this a new Superdome being installed?

make sure that u are able to see the IP addresses for the ports properly set in the MP>LC command
basic DHCP is disabled,
check that the cross cable is perfect.

If can reconfigure MP again totally, that is setting the IP addresses and few user that might be configured for various access and PARPERM that u might have configured for delegated access, u can try also by resetting the MP to the factory defaults.

Try setting the Public IP a different one.

these might all sound silly, but there is not much that is reqd to really access SD Public or Private IP over network.

at least nothing that else is coming in mind.

Regards
Sujit
sujit kumar singh
Honored Contributor

From the SD MP try to ping the connected laptop IP using a cross cable and MP>CM>XD --- ping to the Laptop IP.

Check if anything is there set in the SA Secure Access command.

bla bla ... the reason there there is not much u need to set IP for the MP LAN ports of the SD.

Regards
Sujit

Regards
sujit kumar singh
Honored Contributor

The Defalut Customer LAN IP of a Superdome is 192.168.1.1

Also in the LC O/P u shud see the ports as up and running.

Do confirm once ur problem get solved.

Regards
Sujit
CowBoy
Regular Advisor

Thanks everybody
I reset the MP and the problem solved ...
now i can ping both the MP and Private but i dont know the diffrence between MP and Private Ports??????
sujit kumar singh
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

Both the ports are the same and all the operations that can be done from Private port can be done from the Public LAN.

Basically in the Big ENBViromments the Public port is for the access of the SD MP over LAN whereas(so that u can see the VFP , CO of the Ptns) and the Private LAN is dedicatedly connected to an SMS server that is Superdome Management Station that is used for Housekeepng activities like FW upgarde and running varius test tools on the SD.

Please do not forget to assign points ... if u get direct Indirect answers to ur problem.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.
do?#33

Regards
Sujit

CowBoy
Regular Advisor

close