1748179 Members
4244 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: V Class V2500 A5086a and A5074a

Finis Conner
Advisor

V Class V2500 A5086a and A5074a

Hello all. I've the possibility to buy a V class V2500 HP 9000 server. But before I would like to know the size, weight, power consumption, etc. Where are all the pdfs and info for HP 9000 servers? Are they not free?

Best regards,

Mariano Deheza

7 REPLIES 7
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Do you really think you need such big old block?

Here is some data:

http://www.openpa.net/systems/hp-9000_v2500_v2600.html

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Here you go:

- size:  bigger than a breadbox, but smaller than a Leibert (though not by much)

- weight:  'bout a 1/4 ton

- power consumption:  invest in energy stock

OK, so maybe your looking for facts not opinion.  I can attach another doc showing similar info to the one Torsten pointed to.

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
George_Dodds
Honored Contributor

Hi

Here is the site prep guiide for the V 2500, it contains the info your after.

http://www.manualshark.org/manualshark/files/28/pdf_26764.pdf

Ta

George

Finis Conner
Advisor

>Do you really think you need such big old block?

Hello Torsten!!! I remember you from previous postings (related the serial cable for the rp5470/7400), hope you are OK :-)

First, sorry for the very very delayed response, may be I used a forgotten e-mail address.

Yes I need it :-) :-) :-); because it's the only machine with the computing power afordable for my budget... I'm at Rosario-Argentine, and the beast is at BsAs, will be hard to bring it here, uh? Power here is cheap... by now. Moreover, I love that old computers.

Best regards!

Mariano

Finis Conner
Advisor

>Here you go:
 >- size:  bigger than a breadbox, but smaller than a Leibert (though not by much)
 >- weight:  'bout a 1/4 ton
 >- power consumption:  invest in energy stock
>OK, so maybe your looking for facts not opinion.  I can attach another doc showing similar info to the one Torsten pointed to.
>-Bob

Thank you Bob!!

First, sorry for the very very delayed response, may be I used a forgotten e-mail address.

It seems that is 1/3 than a Ton approx!

Energy is cheap here, by now :-) :-) :-)  

Bob, another question: This V2500 works with a smaller hpux machine (the A500 maybe?). BUT, the guy that sells the V2500 don't has the A500 (or whatever). May be this A500 could be emulated with another hpux box??

Best regards!

Mariano

Finis Conner
Advisor

Thank you George!!

Sorry for the very very delayed response, may be I used a forgotten e-mail address.

Best regards,

Mariano

Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

> This V2500 works with a smaller hpux machine (the A500 maybe?). BUT, the guy that sells the V2500 don't has the A500 (or whatever). May be this A500 could be emulated with another hpux box??

Apparently you're talking about the diagnostic console system. It is required for system firmware updates, certain types of hardware configuration changes and advanced fault diagnostics. But the V2500 will run without the diagnostic console too, if there are no hardware configuration errors.

We used to have two V-class systems: their diagnostic console systems were Model B180 workstations, running HP-UX 10.20. As far as I understand, the requirements for the diagnostic console were:

• it must successfully run the diagnostic console software (which was designed for 10.20)
  • it must have one AUI/coaxial network interface (for the diagnostic network interface)
  • it must have at least one serial port  (for connecting the V-class console port)
MK