108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ignite

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

ignite

I have an ignite server running,I have not had any problems in the past with it loading machines.Now when I try to boot machines two it I get a software processor error.When using machines with a 440 proc or higher.I tried with an N-class and L-class both got this error.I tried on a K-class and it worked fine.I do not know what two try next .
8 REPLIES 8
Zigor Buruaga
Esteemed Contributor

Re: ignite

Hi,

Check this link:
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/hp/2003-q2/0047.html

Maybe it can useful ( think is also related to your previous question ).

Kind regards,
Zigor
Tim Adamson_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

I think it will be your version of Ignite.

December 2001 added support for PA8700 CPUs (650Mhz)
June 2002 added suport for PA8700 CPUs - 750Mhz and 875).

The Ignite-UX release notes do not detail what new hardware support was added with each release. But as new hardware is brought out, obviously, the hardware enablement patches must also be released. Therefore as each new release of Ignite is released, it would contain the necessary patches and drivers that support the recent hardware releases too.

Therefore I would consider upgrading your version of Ignite to a later release.

Just be careful if you have some servers out there that do not support 11i. The latest Ignite contains an 11i kernel. If you have a server to Ignite that does not support 11i, then you can't use the latest version of Ignite to boot that server.

Tim
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.
Tim Adamson_1
Honored Contributor

The Ignite-UX release notes do not detail what new hardware support was added with each release. But as new hardware is brought out, obviously, the hardware enablement patches must also be released. Therefore as each new release of Ignite is released, it would contain the necessary patches and drivers that support the recent hardware releases too.

Just be careful if you have some servers out there that do not support 11i. The latest Ignite contains an 11i kernel. If you have a server to Ignite that does not support 11i, then you can't use the latest version of Ignite to boot that server.

Tim
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.
Tim Adamson_1
Honored Contributor

Tim
Tim Adamson_1
Honored Contributor

Tim
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

Tim,

Thanks for the response.However I have been searching for Ignite updates and cannot find them.Could you please point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Jon
Robert-Jan Goossens_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Here is the link fo the latest ignite software.

http://www.software.hp.com/products/IUX/download.html

Regards,

Robert-Jan.
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

Thanks
Jon